Tuesday 10 February 2009

Yet Another Move

Well the weekend passed fairly uneventfully. Preston Lodge didn't get beat (they didn't play) but Scotland did - 13-26 to Wales.

The first cocktail of antibiotics have had time to work but haven't, so I'm still feeling a bit rough but the coughing is only really bad when I talk. Unfortunately, that means when I talk to the doctors I start coughing and I think it seems worse than it really is.
Various urine, blood and swab tests have unearthed a throat infection (I knew that) a chest infection (I knew that too) and yeast in my blood (I didn't know that). I wonder where it came from?
So the antibiotic cocktail gets changed a bit and other tablets are added to my morning assortment. The nursing staff also noticed that getting from my room to the loo while pushing the drip stand was a bit of a problem, especially as my UC was flaring up due to my resistance being low, so they suggested that I got a move to 'The Unit'!
The Unit is still Ward 8 but along a separate corridor. Each room has en-suite shower and WC, flat screen telly and a FRIDGE!! Get the beer in.
- Liesl got the beer in - what else are fridges for? We never drank any though but the fridge is good for keeping all the juice and water cool.
There's also a different view - north towards the car park and there's plenty aeroplanes to see. This is much better.

When I get bored with the view, I can always turn to daytime telly. Now I know that I'm a bit of a saddo because I like Bargain Hunt, Flog It and some cookery programmes. I also don't mind hopping on the student and 'senior' bandwagon to watch Countdown sometimes.
However, can anybody tell me . . . . . ?
- What is the point of Goldenballs?
Aloadofballs mair like!

No comments: