Thursday 26 February 2009

A Right Pain in the A...bdomen

Liesl is back to work and I have to go down to see the nurse to get an injection in my belly. I think it's to help fight off infections when my resistance is low after the chemo and next time I'm going to give it to myself (! ! !) but I'm letting the nurse do it this time to show me the ropes.
It's actually very easy and completely painless as it's such a very fine needle. I have to 'pinch an inch' (harder to do than it usually is due to me still being about two stone down but still quite easy) and the nurse jabs it in. Simple.
I'll manage that no problem
- maybe!

And now I just want to get home again. It's only 9 o'clock in the morning but I feel so lethargic. Not tired - I just canny be bothered. This is to be just how I feel for the next few weeks.
This is another chemo side effect.

(For anyone who might be wondering - the picture in this post isn't me. Difficult though that might be to believe.)

No comments: