Saturday 21 February 2009

Hair Today . . . .

For the past week, while in the shower in hospital, I've noticed that some of my hair seemed to be falling out. Today, at home, I've had a bath and I'm convinced it's falling out. Big time.
As the water drained away, all that was left on the sides of the bath was hair. Loads of it! We had a furry bath and I had a not so furry heid!
I've also stopped shaving and I have a braw smooth chin. Now, I've often thought that this would be a good thing because quite frankly, shaving becomes a right pain in the neck, A chore. Now though, I'm not so sure. I guess it's a case of being careful what you wish for.

Hair loss is the most famous of all the chemo side effects and I'm ready for it.
I'll go to see my tonsorial advisor (Graham the Barber) next week and see what style I should go for.
Snooker ball, tennis ball, Guantanamo Bay . . . . the choice will be endless although a curly perm or pony tail might be ambitious.
They say that when it eventually grows back, it may be a different colour and a different texture. I hope mine comes back like Jennifer Aniston's famous 'do'! It's time for a new image.
Preston Lodge were playing at home in the Bowl against Orkney this afternoon. I had plans to go and watch the second half from the car park but made a mistake with the kick off time and I was too late. It's that brain thing again!
Still - PL won 53 - 8 and took another step on the road back to Murrayfield.

No comments: