Friday 20 February 2009

It's True!

It really is true.
The blood cultures are better. The cough's better but not fixed. The chest infection is better. The throat infection has gone. And I'M GOING HOME!
And not just home for the weekend - home for good (hopefully).
Dr. Farquharson has done all of the checks and she's been in to confirm that she's happy to let me go. This is unexpected but great news. It's been exactly 14 days since I was readmitted and it's seemed like a lifetime, although it has passed fairly quickly. Daily blood checks, swabs, antibiotics, repositioning of the canula and all of the other bad things that are easy to remember, will be things of the past.
I have to take care though. Infection prevention is top priority so that means keeping away from enclosed spaces with lots of people.
It'll be a case of one step at a time, one day at a time.

Liesl comes in to take Smudge and me home, but nothing's straightforward. We have to wait for four hours for the necessary take-home drugs to come up from pharmacy.
At last though, I'm away. Hip hip hooray!

This time I feel much more relaxed about being home and of course, Friday night is Chinese night!
Extra spicy chicken curry and fried rice for me please. I'm a creature of habit.

And then it's off to my Pavlova bed again. Temperature's stable, it's still just as dark but not so scary anymore.
Things are going to be fine this time.

No comments: