Friday 6 February 2009

Too Hot to Handle

37.9 C - right at the limit so time to call Ward 1.
There's no messing about - I've to get in there as quickly as possible. Michael had explained when I was in Ward 8 that every hour wasted at the start of an infection could cost a week at the end.
How right he was.

By the time we got there, I was so weak and feeling lousy that I nearly collapsed before they found a chair for me. It was very hot and busy with lots of people getting their chemo sessions. They took some blood but I had to lie down and they soon found a trolley for me and immediately put up a saline drip. It was to be a long day for Liesl as we waited for the decision as to what was to happen. I think we both knew that I'd be re-admitted - I had brought my bag of jammies and toys - but it wasn't until about 4.30pm before the decision was made.

So back up to Ward 8 - to a wee side room to myself this time though. And it had a telly. Hooray!

Hey-ho - my freedom didn't last long but we have to get rid of the cough and any other viruses and infections that I've got. Bring on the antibiotics by the gallon.

Poor old Liesl. Hope her Mum can come over to stay with her again. Not least because all the ironing gets done!

No comments: