Monday 2 February 2009

To Go or Not to Go . . ?


Not to go - apparently.

My temperature is still not perfect and I'm still coughing so The Lady from Del Monte says 'NO'. It's better to be safe than sorry so one more night in Ward 8 is recommended. It's probably for the best.

On the outside world, the National Gallery of Scotland has managed to raise £50 million to save Titian's 'Diana and Actaeon' for the nation.
Pretty good I suppose - I expect we'll all get to keep it for a week or so each. We'll probably put it above the fireplace when it's our turn.
It's one of Titian's greatest works and depicts the moment when the Goddess Diana met Actaeon. He was a famous Greek hero and was trained by a Centaur. I reckon it was a Friday because she's obviously dressed down for the occasion.
You don't get this sort of stuff in other blogs you know. It's all Greek to me too.

No comments: