Thursday 23 July 2009

Rain, Rain go to Spain

What bright spark called the Cabbage White Butterfly the Cabbage White Butterfly?
Why didn't they call them the Japanese Knotweed Butterfly?
Or the Jaggy Nettle Butterfly?
Or the Dock Leaf Butterfly?
That way, instead of ravaging my cabbages, they might go and eat some of the weeds in the garden.
Everything else in the garden in rosy though.
Except for the roses. They've been battered by the daily monsoons.
Why isn't Global Warming called Global Soaking?
Next year, I think I'll try growing rice.

Time to book a holiday, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI JOHNSTON I HAVE JUST LOOKED AT YOUR BLOG AND IT IS AMAZING!!!!, I KNOW YOUR MUM THROUGH JUST GOING FOR LUNCH ON A TUESDAY WE ALSO MET YOU IN THE GOLF A FEW WEEKS BACK, WE ARE ALL DELIGHTED WITH YOU GREAT NEWS WHEAY!!!!! BUT WHAT A JORNEY YOU HAVE HAD BUT IT WAS GREAT TO GET THE GOOD NEWS FROM MUM AND THEN SHE TOLD ME ABOUT YOUR BLOG SO I JUST HAD TO PUT A WEE!!! NOTE ON TO SAY WELL DONE AND TAKE CARE AND ENJOY YOUR GOOD HEALTH ISABEL