Monday 20 July 2009

It's in the Post

If truth be told, I was hoping that Dr Davies would have called me with the scan result sometime on Friday but realistically I thought it would have been today. However, it's a well known fact that like watched kettles that never boil, watched mobile phones never ring.
So I admit that I was more than a bit surprised when there was a letter waiting for me when I got home tonight (been at a rugby committee meeting) asking me to come to a clinic at 13:30 tomorrow. This would normally be ok news but there's no doubt that I feared the worst. My thinking was that as he had said he would phone me, I was guessing that's what he would have done if he had good news for me. As he wanted to see me face to face, well . . . . . .
Maybe I'm thinking too much. Maybe my glass is half empty!

One more night of waiting but I don't feel like going to work tomorrow - maybe I'll work from home for two hours.

No comments: