Wednesday 22 July 2009

The Day After the Day Before - 2

I'm still numb and I'm still stunned. And I still can't quite believe it.
I feel great though.
Looking back and remembering the cough, the weight loss, the CT scan, the bad news, the blood tests and transfusions, the inhalation treatment, the chemo, the burning face, the canulas, getting home but having to go back in and worst of all - the fear . . . . it all seems so far away.
I also have to remember the good bits - old pals geitting in touch, the support from family and friends, the good people you meet, the good people who treat you, the gifts and cards, the good news and getting to be Jan's 'Website of the Day'!
It's very surreal but it's real.
We did it!
Well done us.
The immediate plan is to go back to clinic in two months - just to see the Doc to let him check me over and get the usual blood tests. Then, in about six months, I'll get another CT scan.
I expect that'll involve more nervous waiting and stuff but for now, let's start living.
.

No comments: