Sunday 25 January 2009

The Long Wait

It was a long wait for everybody through the weekend although I was kept quite busy answering emails and text messages on my phone as the news spread among family and friends and messages of support and good wishes came flooding in.
Also, I'd now been in long enough for many cards to have arrived - might have to get one of those strings with the wee pegs that you use to display Christmas cards!

But it was a tough four days. Emotions for everyone ranged through worry, sadness, fear and maybe a touch of anger and it was worse at night.

I tried to take my mind of things by thinking of my favourite views, like the drive into Dirleton down past the pub as the village green opens out and you can see our house! Or looking east to the Bass Rock and Dunbar as you come over the Garleton Hills from Haddington. Or west from Longniddry towards the Forth Bridges on a Summer's night.
But that only introduced another emotion. Panic.
Because I couldn't picture any of them at all. My mind was blank.

And PL had lost by a single point away to East Kilbride.

On a brighter note, 'Fair fa' your honest sonsie face' - it was Burns' Night and The Great Chieftain o' the Puddin' Race was for tea. Braw!




No comments: