Monday 22 June 2009

Open and Shut Case

One of the benefits of having been off at this time has been that I've been able to watch the midweek afternoon games that the Lions have been playing. It's been quite good, if not spectacular rugby. On Saturday, they lost the 1st Test by 26-21. A good comeback after getting dumped on in the first half.

It's the Monday morning blues again. This time for real.
As well as the prospect of going back to work tomorrow, we're getting new windows today which means that I can't go swimming. I've been swimming just about every morning last week - it was my new routine in an effort to try to get a bit fitter and I really enjoyed it. I went to four different pools in four days and in my view, Dunbar is the best. Not least because of the hourly wave machine!
Today though, the window man cometh. It's not entirely new windows - just the bottom sashes in the three living room windows. The old ones were rotten - very rotten - and wouldn't open.
The fitter was done by lunchtime and at last, after about seventeen years, we've got windows that work. Cool. Literally.

While the window guy is busy, I get my schoolbag ready for tomorrow.
Not so cool.

No comments: