Tuesday 2 June 2009

Dr Davies, I Presume - Wrong!

Today;s the day to go to what will be a regular haematology clinic and to meet Dr. Davies for the first time. He's been on a six month sabbatical to Australia which is why Dr. Farquharson was looking after me.
However, when my name gets called it's a lady's voice and even though I've never met him, I was pretty sure Dr. Davies was a bloke. Sure enough, this was Dr. Shepherd but there's no need to worry - she knows all about me. I seem to be quite famous in the cancer departments of WGH!
There's not much information for her to pass on to me though because I haven't had any scans or anything since chemo stopped. She checks me all over and asks the usual questions but everything's still positive so the next step will be a CT scan as planned. There's not much to add really. It's all routine - keep taking the tablets and keep getting better.

No comments: