Tuesday 16 June 2009

Digging for Victory

I've been thinking about going back to work. No, really!!
I've really been spinning it out for too long and although Dr.Shand and Dr. Shepherd both said that I should remember how ill I had been while in hospital and that I was entitled to some 'me' time, I feel that I'm ready to go back. So I've decided - it'll be next Tuesday, the 23rd, five months after diagnosis. That's plenty long enough. I must admit, it's tempting to stay off for longer but I've got to get back into some sort of routine. It's a pity the final CT scan and result won't be done by then but the scan's not been scheduled until 30 June so that's too far away. If the scan shows that I need more chemo then we'll deal with that issue at the time.
My manager, Johnny and Lisa from HR are very supportive and I'll be going back on a phased return.
10-4 for only three days in the first week.

So . . . . better get the garden sorted!
The veg patch is looking quite good and is stocked with carrots, cabbage, onions, beetroot, peas, beans, pak-choi, turnip and radish. Oh aye - and there's tatties in the sacks. It's just like The Good Life!
My time on the skive han't been entirely wasted.

.

No comments: