Friday 13 March 2009

Get On!

The Cheltenham Festival has been good for me.
The first two races on Tuesday returned a 12/1 and an 8/1 winner. Of the other two runners in my Yankee, one was a non-runner (which is good) and the other was 6/4 third.
I calculate that Mr Ladbroke will pay me back £64 but when I go to see him, he gives me £128.
Result!
(The difference is something to do with the non-runner.)

I decide to quit while I'm ahead and have no more bets during the meeting but it's good to see a fantastic race in the Gold Cup today when the great Denman is beaten by the greater Kauto Star.
It would have been good to go and meet the boys up in the pub to watch the racing this week but it's still way too dangerous to get into enclosed spaces and risk infection.
Maybe next year.
Denis came out to Dirleton for lunch today - well, bacon rolls.
It was good of him to come so far just for that but we had a right laugh recycling the same old stories that we've done for the past 30 years.
They're still funny though.
.

No comments: