Wednesday 18 March 2009

Chemo 3 - Halfway There

It doesn't seem like three weeks but here we go again - off to Ward 1 for the third dose of magic potion. I gave a blood sample at the Doc's yesterday so there should be no delays this time.
Wrong!
There's always something but all in all, it took about four and half hours. Not too bad.
And I had my book and paper and crossword and sudoku and radio and iPod and magazine and kit-kat and crisps and juice to while away the time.
As usual though, I fell asleep for about an hour. Well - it's very warm in that room.
It's hard to believe that I'm already halfway through the scheduled treatment for such a serious illness.
Once again, I feel ok - I just think that I ought to feel worse somehow. My beaming face is back though and itchy forehead and ears. And the tips of my fingers are numb. Aaaaarrrrgh!

Right - I'm going to stop moaning! Promise.

.

No comments: